Rust on repaint and restoration jobs is not just unsightly, but also a visible sign of degradation. Whether your job includes railings on multi-family apartment buildings or metal panels on a retail center, chances are that one of the next projects you bid will require you to address rust.
It can be labor-intensive to repair rusted metal to a like-new condition. But fixing the appearance – and not the integrity of the metal – can allow rust to reappear in only a few short months.
Here’s one solution
A great option for addressing rust is CorrVerter® MCI® Rust Primer.
Not a traditional rust converter, CorrVerter is a single-component, fast-drying, water-based primer that converts rusted surfaces to a passive layer.
CorrVerter MCI Rust Primer:
- Is formulated to penetrate rust, eliminate rust, penetrate to the bare metal, and stop further rusting.
- Can be directly topcoated with water-based and solvent based coatings, no need for an additional primer.
- Provides better protection against re-rusting than other converters.
- Works in more challenging environments, like HCl, H2S, SO2, and CO2 vapor environments.
- Can be applied to both damp and dry surfaces.
- Is great for protecting rebar during concrete restoration work.
How do I apply CorrVerter?
Application is easy and like other traditional primers – prepare the surface by removing loose rust with a wire brush, then apply CorrVerter with no surface show-through at 3-5 mils wet film thickness.
CorrVerter can provide added jobsite efficiency – the benefits of application to damp surfaces, a quick dry time, and directly topcoating means you can repair and paint rusted surfaces in one day.
Where can I use it?
CorrVerter MCI Rust Primer is a great way to efficiently handle rust on all types of projects, whether apartments and hotels, industrial facilities, office complexes, parking structures, or sports facilities.
Where do I find it?
CorrVerter is available at your Sherwin-Williams store.
For more information on how CorrVerter MCI Rust Primer can help you quickly address rust on your new project, talk to your Sherwin-Williams representative.
This article was originally published in the Summer 2017 issue of the Sherwin-Williams CommercialPro newsletter. Get more business-building tips and info on products, services, discounts and project solutions on the Sherwin-Williams contractor website.